Monday, January 14, 2008

03 Cobra Supercharger Belt tensioner

I had the pulley bearing go out on the supercharger belt tensioner on my 03 Cobra. No biggie I thought, so I pulled the old one off and called Ford for a replacement. Each of the three dealerships I called told me that you could not buy just the tensioner and pulley, but rather you had to buy the entire assembly for $385 that consists of a large bracket, the tensioner assembly, and a couple of idler pulleys!

Anyway, I went down to the nearest one, and one of the guys cross referenced the part # (1L3Z-6B209-BA) on the side of the tensioner arm and found that the tensioner was re-used in another application and in that application was available separately, so he got me one for around $75! It's Ford Part # 1LZ 6B209 BA.

I hope this helps someone in the future!

No comments: