Thursday, August 2, 2007

Inspirational Video

If I ever need inspiration to drag myself out to the garage, or ever feel myself get stuck in a rut, I just crank up the speakers, fire up this video, and feel the blues just melt away!



It's Jimmy White from Circle City Hot Rods in his Hemi Coupe. In my book, Jimmy is one of the most talented builders out there today! When this video first hit the net a couple of years ago, Jimmy was building a wicked, low 27 pickup (Some pics and story of the build from the HAMB's 'Bass' here). Every piece on it is a work of art! It instantly became my favorite hot rod and gave me lots of good ideas for the Hemi roadster pickup I've been collecting parts for for years.

Anyway, a few months ago, I was cruising through the LoneStar Roundup and this beautiful Model A caught my eye... perfect mirror-like black paint, loads of chrome, vintage blue vented Plexiglas windows, etc. It was perfect! I looped around the front of the car and looked up and that's when I saw the Circle City banner flying above it. I wasn't the least bit surprised. Jimmy and crew had done it again! It was called the Murrell Coupe and it just may have passed up his 27 as my favorite! :D Here's a video of it pulling into the show. Awesome!

I can't wait to see what they bring next year!

No comments: